Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Pride and Prejudice

Which movie will be the best version of Jane Austen's classic?


In the newest:
Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean) plays Elizabeth


Matthew Macfadyen play Mr. Darcy--no idea who he is. He's blurry anyway. LOL.

I look forward to seeing this new version, but how could it possibly replace the A & E version with Colin Firth?
Just before he takes a swim.
Okay, somewhere in there is Jennifer Ehle as well.

But what about the original?
With Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson.

Well, probably I'm the only AG girl who loves P & P. I just LOVE IT! The book and the movies. I thought no movie could replace the version with Olivier and Greer Garson. But, I was wrong. The A & E version followed the book almost word for word and was terrific! At first, when I heard there was a new version with Keira Knightly, I though NO! But, I will go with an open mind, because Jane Austen in any form is still the greatest. *Sigh* Can't wait. Maybe I'll wait for my mom to come (Dec 7th) and we'll have a girl's night out at the movies.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home