Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Friday, June 22, 2007

Quill They Survive It?


This isn't our dog in the picture. I would've gotten a picture of our two dogs who look remarkably like this dog though, except that dh rushed them off to the emergency pet clinic so fast there wasn't time. BOTH of our idiot dogs (I say that with all the love in my heart, even though they do this quill love thing again and again and again, costing hundreds of dollars a pop) got into a porcupine awhile ago and look like the doggy above. The quills nailed their faces and their bodies this time (usually it's just the faces). Last time, the vet said they will never learn, so don't hope for that. We do have an invisible fence that keeps them on our property, but it doesn't keep the other critters away. We've tried a chain link fence, but it's apparently too low because they jump it.

So, when I ask quill they survive it?, I mean will dh just tell the vet to give them the big needle instead of removing the hundreds of little ones? Because he's FED UP with animals destroying our house (we won't go into how many ways they do that) and costing us literally thousands of dollars. Would he really give the thumbs down? NO. He loves our pets, despite the grumbling. As do I. But MAN, it would be nice if they'd STEP AWAY FROM THE POINTY CREATURES.

How's your day going? Weekend plans?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    OMG! Poor doggies! Perhaps this time around they'll learn not to mess around with animals with pointy needles in their backs.

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    Poor doggies and poor you! I know how you feel. Our "free" puppy has now cost us over $600 since we got her earlier this year. Still, dogs give us back so much they are worth it! Going to see Shrek 3 this weekend - can't wait.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Tempest, I wish I could say they'd learn, but I think they'll go back for more. *groan* You'd think the pointy needles would scream, "Warning."

    Kim, your free puppy isn't all that free, I'd say. LOL. You're right though, they ARE worth it. :)

    Well, our male dog who usually gets it the worse wasn't as bad, but our sweet girl, Scout, had "millions" (the doc's words). They had to cut into her side to extract some, so they shaved a spot and she has staples and sutures. We have to take her back in a couple of weeks to have them removed. In the meantime, there are pills to give them, etc. Poor pups. Dh has calmed down but keeps shaking his head and sighing. LOL.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    E...poor babies.

    No, they'll never learn because of the breed they are.

    I could try 'talking' to them but...;) I don't think I speak dog yet. :D

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Chris Peters said…

    I don't know, K...you have a way with animals. If anyone could talk to them, you could. :)

     
  • At 5:46 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Bless your heart Ellen. I don't know what I would do if my dogs were doing that - multiple times no less. Those babies are lucky to have you. :o)

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, L. :)

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That's awful! Aren't dogs a pain in the ass? Ours are so much trouble! Good luck!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohmygod, poor doggy!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home