Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol Finale

Congrats to Jordin Sparks who won this year's American Idol! She's only 17, a fabulous singer, and happens to be good friends with our local drive-thru coffee girl (barista). We adore Blake too - so good luck to him. They'll both end up with record contracts, no doubt.

I know a lot of you would rather stick a fork in your eye than watch AI, but there was one performer on last night's show that you can't hate - Bette Midler made a guest appearance, singing Wind Beneath My Wings (the Youtube vid below). I have to say, I saw her in concert at a small opera house here in town, and it was truly the best event I've ever attended. She was DIVINE. LOVE HER.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Honey said…

    OMG! I love Bette Midler, too!!!

    I was actually in a place with TV the last two days, so I saw some of the news coverage of the AI finals. :) How cool that your barista is friends with her! It's a small world, isn't it? Of course, you're my link to Jennifer Aniston, and then all of Hollywood, through that whole six degrees of Kevin Bacon thing, so I guess it's really a very small world. ;)

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    The incredible Ms. M! She's awesome. Great post.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I'm so glad others like Bette too. Her voice was a bit off at first (you can see her adjusting something on the thing they wear around their waists when they sing), and she is older now, but she still does it for me. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home