Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sugar Overdose


I need to get back on track. I've eaten badly in the last week - or is it goodly since the food was good? LOL.

Last Wednesday, we ate many, many beignets made from a mix that Honey brought. Unfortunately, they didn't puff up like they do in the picture (and like they did when I had them down south). Still, anything tastes right with enough powdered sugar on it. I didn't know you could buy this mix by the case.
We three divas (Honey, Kristen, and I) also ate Mexican food twice. Also, I recall a burnt cream dessert. Sees candies. Cold Stone ice cream. And more. It's a miracle my heart didn't cease up from the cholesterol. Luckily, Honey will be visiting with Diva# 4 soon, so the food love will be moving to the coast. LOL.
So maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of my life....back to the gym and a healthy diet.
Do you ever go hog wild? Oh no! No more talk of hogs! Do you ever indulge?

13 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Dude.... I forgot about the burnt cream. And I even have a picture! We really had a good food time, didn't we? LOL Maybe next time we can sample salads and greens. *snort*

    Thanks for a fantastic time!!! The Sees went over really well back here on the East Coast. :)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh. The. Food. That. Never. Ended.

    Argh, I'm still suffering. A wee bit at least.

    Who would have thought that elegant mexican restaurant would have you and Honey attemtping the odd looking salsa?

    Or the start of root beer frenzy?

    Yes, Diva, we need to get back to the gym.

    Enjoyed visiting with you, Honeybella!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    Sounds like a great time but what are Sees candy? Don't worry, you'll get back on track soon. You have to take breaks from being healthy every once in a while.

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gawd I could eat some mexican food right now..

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sees Candy

    Even after all that Mexican, I'm still craving it.

    Argh.....;)

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Yep, Honey. Next time we'll go for the greens. *snort*

    K, it still seems the Food. Is. Not. Ending. I can't seem to stop the pigging out thing. Argh! See you at the gym soon.

    Kim, Sees Candy is a chain chocolate store - you "see" a lot of boxes of their candies at Valentines day and such.

    Isabella, mexican food rocks! YUM.

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, K put up a link to Sees! Thanks, Kristen. :)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    It sounds like y'all had a good time. :o)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    It was fun, L. I wish now that I was going to Dallas. You're stopping in there, right?

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I'm still thinking about it. I really want to go though.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Indulge is my middle name...(and part of my tagline). So, I guess the answer is a resounding yes! I believe I was blessed with a healthy set of taste buds. Occasionally, they take over my better senses. :) In fact, I just posted a new recipe for indulgence on my website today: Quickie Chocolate Pie (almost 0 guilt)

    E, since you're having trouble viewing my site, I'd be happy to email you the recipe...for one last hoorah. ;)

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I am an indulger at times. Hate that, but LOVE food, LOL. Those beignets look GREAT!!!

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Viv, I'd love the recipe!!! :)

    Suzaane, the beignets are to die for. YUM.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home