Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Thursday, December 01, 2005

TAG-O-RAMA!

The lovely, sassy, and very southern Miss Mel tagged me to list 15 facts and personal preferences (quirks, habits, whatever) about books.

Hmm . . . I read her list and have to confess, I agree with her preferences and quirks—well, except for skipping to the 1st love scene sometimes before buying a book. I don’t remember doing that before. Although, maybe I should.

Here’s my read on things:

1. Books are essential to me, like breathing or eating.
2. I have spent entire days browsing Amazon for different books by different authors.
3. If I were to be trapped by an earthquake in a building, I’d want it to be the library, provided I had a bottle of water and a Baby Ruth. Maybe a Ding Dong or two.
4. If I haven’t read the author before, I always read the bio on the back cover, and the first page or two. I usually know immediately if I like their style.
5. I prefer some authors on audio tape and only if read by certain narrators.
6. I hate audio book abridgements. Won’t listen to ‘em anymore.
7. I can no longer clean my house without listening to an audio book.
8. I will not read books with the man and woman in a torrid embrace on the cover if I’m in a restaurant or on a plane. However, in the privacy of my own home, the h/h can be nekkid and writhing on the ground for all I care.
9. I hate it when the man and woman on the cover do NOT match the author’s description. The heroine has red hair, but the buxom woman on the cover is a blonde.
10. I, too, hate heroines who are TSTL. It’s okay if they’re klutzy or quirky or funny, just NOT stupid!
11. I like heroes who are quietly Strong. Loyal. Flawed. Brave. Smart.
12. I love most classic literature, poetry, and some contemporary lit. However, while the story doesn’t have to be a romance, I HATE to finish the book and feel depressed. And, like Mel, I can’t stomach literary snobs.
13. I can’t sell my books. I probably have hundreds in the basement and could make a few bucks. Can’t do it. Not even one book. What if I’m poor someday and only have my stash to sustain me!!!
14. When I’ve really loved a book, I’ve stayed up all night to read it. If I start to fall asleep, I’ll get up and walk around and splash cold water on my face. That’s how pathetic I am.
15. I LOVE BOOKS!

So, I need to pass this on. Like a chain letter. I see that a few AG girls have been tagged already, and they'll no doubt snag other AG girls, so I'll need fresh meat. *Muwhahahaha*

The lucky tagees are . . . Heather F. and Jan C.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice list, Miss E.

    Happy snow day. Err..bus late day.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Very nice list, E. :) How's all the snow? Not much of that where I come from these days.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks ladies.

    The snow . . . is soooo beautiful! It's like being inside a snowglobe with all the trees (we're surrounded by Ponderosa Pine) and land blanketed in fresh, shimmery white. We got about 4 inches yesterday I think.

    OTOH, driving in it is the pits. :) Can't have one without the other though.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Too bad Mother Nature doesn't understand the concept of only snowing on grass. :) One day they'll invent heated concrete with drainage holes in it so the snow just disappeards. Until that day, I just hope you don't have to go many places. :)

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Would you believe we actually have heated streets here, Honey?

    A hill that is a nightmare during the winter. Heated. When they remember to turn it on.

    We live on a bus route. It's supposed to be plowed, made safe for the busses. Well, she's plowed and slicker than snot says she who slide past her driveway as she tried to stop and turn. LOL

    It has the appearance of glass.

    The joys of snow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home