Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ratty Cats

I'm looking at my pack of four indoor cats gathered around the basement door waiting for daughter to come upstairs -- why she's down there, I'm not sure. She's supposed to be sick in bed.

Anyway, the cats remind me of a pack of rats. It's creeping me out.

The other night, I dreamt that I started a new job, and the woman who was training me said, "We have a bunch of rats who run around on the floor, but just ignore them."

Me: "What? Ignore rats running around, testing my trousers for climbing grip? Are you nuts?"

Training lady: "Really, they're fine. We've even named them."

So I tried to work, but my eyes darted continuously to the floor looking for rats, terror building in me.

Then I awoke abruptly to find the four ratty cats laying on the bed around my feet. Coincidence? I think not.

Do you ever feel like animals take over your home?

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    What about your itty bitty tea cup dog, Dad? Do you ever feel like Gracie's a rat? LOL.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you want me to answer that one? ;)

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL, K. I guess not. :)

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    That would freak me out too, but my dog definitely rules the house. Good thing she's not rat-like, at 100 lbs she'd be a scary rat!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    Ratty cats? You're too funny Ellen! They're not ratty, they're cute! You're dream is just overtaking your reality. LOL

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Funny dream Ellen. LOL

    Animals taking over my house? Nah! LOL

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    They've been rather hiding today. Suppose they read my post? LOL.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, and Dad, I want to come back as one of Lynda's pets in my next life. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home