Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Saturday, October 07, 2006

How I spent my Saturday...


Well, after we did our familial duty, spending the morning with 91-year old cousin Gladys (who is a delightful lady), we stopped at our favorite spot out in the valley...thank GOD they don't have one nearer us. Because Krispy Kreme doughnuts are heaven on earth.

The kids each picked a donut that they followed from it's birth at the beggining of the conveyor belt, through the little oven that involves several trips up and down through a chain and pulley system. Next, they float through oil on one side (I never said it wasn't extremely fattening), then they're flipped over so they can float some more in oil, browning the flip side.

Finally, the doughnuts ride underneath a shower of glaze. Wow. A very thin young man (I know--it doesn't make sense that he has no body fat) at the end of the belt boxes them. Some end up in the glass showcase (we chose a dozen "assorted").

The employees saw my kids follow their doughnuts from beginning to end and thought it was so cute, they pulled out those specific ones and gave them to them! Isn't that way cool!

Tonight we go out with some friends -- to a healthy vegetarian restaurant. Shh...don't tell our pals that we gorged on Krispy Kremes all day. LOL.

What are your weekend plans?

6 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I've never had a Krispy Kreme donut in my life and they've either closed all the ones in the Houston area or they're going to soon - I'm not sure which.

    Anyway, I mowed my lawn this morning and did some cooking (which, for those who know me, know that is a rare occurrence - particularly considering I cooked last weekend too). Tomorrow I need to go into the office for a couple of hours and then I think I might just go to the movie. :o)

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Monica Burns said…

    ARRRGGGGHH!!! How can you do this to those of us who LIVE for the warm, sweet, melting air of a KK donut!

    Ok, I confess, I got a box from boss who bought them at a fund raiser. He forced me to bring them home (I did refuse all day, trying to be good). They were gone in 12 hours. Mom ate FAR more than she should!! *sigh*

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    L, I didn't have my first Krispy Kreme until recently -- I'm very grateful it's a distance away. LOL. Good for you on the cooking -- I've always enjoyed it (when I don't have to do it). LOL.

    Monica, they ARE irrestible, aren't they? I'm supposed to be watching my diet, but once in awhile, I need a treat (and the kids had a great time too).

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Ooooh, Krispy Kremes. Yum! :) It was a KK themed week apparently - you're not the only one who's mentioned enjoying them lately. How sweet that your kids got the donuts they followed from birth! :)

    Mr. Honey and I played Pirates! all weekend long. Seriously. All. Weekend. Long. It's a wonder my laundry, dishes, and grocery shopping got done. :)

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Yay, Honey! The Pirates! have invaded. LOL. Glad you've finally gotten your fix. I bet you'll have a stellar week now. :)

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oops, sorry Dad! LOL. I'd forgotten about it until we visited Gladys and Virginia said, "Hey, let's stop at KK!" Boy was I glad she did. :) I need to go on a severe diet now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home