Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Thursday, August 10, 2006

She Should've Been a Screenwriter...


Well, after having a wierd dream last night, I woke up thinking, "I should be a screenwriter instead." LOL.

I dreamt that I'd come to the very important revelation that what TV most needs is a new show that would be an instant hit and run for years. You know, a new Mash, Cheers, or Friends.

That's when my subconscious came up with the brilliant solution (warning: I'm dating myself here). An updated . . . Nanny and the Professor.

Anyone remember that show? It was on in the late 60's or early 70's, and I think it was part of the line up with the original airings of Brady Bunch and Partridge Family on Friday nights. In my dream, I was going to create a newer hipper version. But, I needed to go to England to find a British woman to play the nanny -- this probably all comes from thinking about Kate yesterday (a fellow writer and wonderful lady, who happens to have that very accent).

So, I went to England, but ended up riding a giant farm cart over rocky hills that were purpley-pink and covered with animals that were a cross between pigs and chickens. After bouncing around on that terrain, unsuccessful in my actress hunt, I woke up and realized that I should've been a screenwriter. Yea. Right. I couldn't even find a good nanny. LOL.

Back to revisions on Part One of my real writing endeavor . . .

6 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Don't you just love dreams? :)

    Good luck with your revisions!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    LOL Too funny.

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Monica Burns said…

    Well The Nanny is STILL in reruns, so I'm not sure the Nanny and the Professor will work. *grin* But a new hit show would definitely put money in someone's pocket.

    Interesting how warm and fuzzy your dreams are. Reflection of what a great person you are.

    Me, I'm the blood and guts type of dreamer. And DON'T tell me what that means about ME! LOL

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    The Nanny is in reruns! *gasp* I haven't seen it anywhere. I'll have to look! I loved the show when I was a kid (which means I'd probably think it was dumb now). LOL.

    You know, usually my dreams aren't warm and fuzzy--they're I'm being chased by a bad guy and my legs won't work dreams. Are you the victim in your blood and guts dreams or the villain? *muwhahaha*

    Thanks H & L for stopping by. I'm slow on the revisions this week. Ugh. (But I did get to Coldstone Ice Cream place yesterday, so that makes up for it). :)

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Maria Geraci said…

    I loved Nanny and the Professor. Absolutely loved it. Of course, there was that awful nanny show with Fran Drescher awhile back that sort of imitated it with the Brooklyn/Jersey nanny. Yuck. Your version would be much funnier and classier (g)

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Maria, I forgot about the Fran Drescher nanny show. That was similar--well, except for the accents were quite different. LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one, er, "mature" enough to recall the original. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home