Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My Hero Has a Job!

Okay, I've decided that Michael is a . . .

History Professor (thanks Jan).

I think this will fit the opposites thing in a way. She's a reporter who's only concerned with the here and now. His concern is the past (in more ways than one). She's Type A and drives a Buick. He's relaxed and rides a Harley, etc. There are a lot of conflicts in the story, so it's probably okay that their careers don't necessarily clash, but they are opposites.

Another reason I liked this idea is because I love nerds, but I love the bad boys too--it's a good combo.

Finally, I chose this job for him because I'll be able to relate to Michael more deeply. Dh and I have been seriously talking about me returning for my graduate degree so that I can teach at the college level (if I can overcome my horrible stage fright). If I do pursue it, it will probably be to teach British History. So, Michael will be a man who's truly after my own heart--although, I think I'll have him teach American History instead (men on Harley's won't want to discuss the "men in tights" period). LOL.

Okay, now that you've all helped me, do you have any "sticking points" with your own stories? I'd love to help you too! :)

8 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Woo-hoo!! Go, E! Congrats on finding Michael a profession.

    Not a plot point, but a general question brought on by your heroine being Type A. Does anybody remember what Type B or Type C is? Is there a Type D? Nobody knows anymore in my neck of the woods, but we all agree being typecast as Type A is seen as a bad thing, even though Type A's make things happen.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I think Type B = Brainy (but not not driven)

    C = Cranky Couch Potato

    and

    D = Dancing the night away

    Good question, H. LOLOL. :)

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't recall what they are. There is also a type T (thrills).

    A's are driven.
    B's are more relaxed and does that make C in a coma?

    Glad you found his profession, E.

    Happy writing!

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Maria Geraci said…

    A Harley driving history professor-- Sounds awesome, Ellen! I can't wait to read it some day!

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, ladies! :)

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Monica Burns said…

    ok, if you're talking Indiana Jones type of nerdy professor, where do I register for class?????

    LOL

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Good image! Love Indiana Jones! :)

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home