Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Home Again, Home Again...

Yes, we're home and the kids just rode the bus for the first time in awhile.

It feels good.

All went well. The film folks were all so nice--artistic, intelligent, and fun. Thanks Todd, Mark, Blair, Scott, Franz, Jeremy, Anthony, Caroline, and Grace for a wonderful time! You all rock!

As Kait blogged, we got to meet Anthony Cistaro, who's been on multiple TV shows, in plays, and movies as well. What a nice man. Also, Jeremy Rabb, from Grey's Anatomy (he says don't blink if you want to see his ER resident character, but that he'll have a "moment" on the final 2 episodes). All of the actors have enjoyed successful stage careers--as I can attest to since I've had the pleasure of seeing most of them tread the boards.

Anyway, a good time was had by all. And guess what!?! The hotel where we stayed gave me the best story idea I've had in a long time. I took notes so I won't forget a thing and can't wait to write the bugger!

So, question of the day...where do you get your story ideas?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ideas....usually a peep appears and then tells me a snippet of what's happening.

    If only a what if would fall in my lap this week. :D

    Hmmm....time to twist a thought or two. ;)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Ooh, Ellen, I'm so excited you got a new idea! :) And glad you're hoome, too. It was great you were able to help the film crew out.

    My ideas come from random people and places. They're fun. :)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Ellen! I didn't know you had a blog! (Found it out through RWAOnline)

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Nice to see you here, Kate!

    Jan, I'd love to hear about your short-lived bartending experience. :)

    Based on what you all have said, ideas come from different places for each of us. I'm usually not inspired from outside things, but the hotel just screamed at me to tell it's quirky story.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Maria Geraci said…

    A story centering about the hotel? How fun! I'm sure you're thrilled to be home again, Ellen. My house is supposed to be back to normal on Friday :))

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Maria, I know you'll be happy to get home too! And yes--the hotel story will be fun! I've decided there will be a haunting. :)

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Rhoda said…

    My Elfy's Man's Bridge WIP came froma coloring book someone gave one of my children. It was all about bridges and my crazy little phsyco brain started spinning.

    anything can trigger a story idea. came across an article on whales online and am no in the process of writing a horror short story with a tad bit of info from that article.

    R

     

Post a Comment

<< Home