Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thanks...for the memories

Who sang that? Why do I picture Bette Midler?

In this case, the memories of which I speak are of my folks who left last night after visiting for a wonderful week filled with laughter and love and of course, Cold Stone ice cream.

My dad and his wife, Lynda, drove out from Michigan, which is a fairly long trip (about 4 days each way). They're on their way home with a new friend called Biscuit -- a sexy sounding brainy lady who is channeled through the laptop's GPS system.

They were great house guests -- tolerated our chaos, left the place cleaner than they found it, and took my kids to cool places, like to the fair and on the city's tram. I only had to tell Roxie a few times "Ignore Grandpa" when he tried to tell her things, such as our dog needs to go to the special doggy research lab in the sky.

MARK. MARK. LOL!

If Dad and Lynda are reading this, they will get that bizarro reference. Also, if you're reading this, thanks for coming! We LOVED having you!!! *hugs*

7 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Honey said…

    Sounds like you had a great time, E! :) Glad you enjoyed yourself, but I'm also glad to see you again. ;)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, H! Its was fun. :)

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Its was? Man...I guess I DO need to get back to writing.

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Glad y'all had a good time. :o)

    And glad to see a new Ellen post. :o)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Monica Burns said…

    Thanks for the Memories was Bob Hope. *grin*

    The song I think you're thinking of is the one Bette Midler sang to Johnny Carson the last week of the Tonight Show. It was One For My Baby and One more for the Road.

    Glad you had a good time.

    Monica

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, L!

    Monica, you're right about the songs! Btw, I saw Bette Midler in concert several years ago, and she was DIVINE. :)

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Hi Dad! Alaska sounds great! Maybe I can go. :)

    So, er, not always easy to rear, huh? LOL. I'd like to play dumb, but I think I might know to what you refer. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home