Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Poor Kitty

We took our eight year old kitty, Pumpkin, to the vet this afternoon, a result of a strange milky -- and as of today, bloody -- film over his eyes. Apparently, he has a rip-roaring infection that could be caused from many things, including feline leukemia or aids (which they ruled out). It could also be a simple infection from a cat fight or something, but we're still waiting to hear on another panel of tests (I hope and pray dh doesn't see the bill for this).

Anyway, we're administering two different ointments to his eyes (one antibiotic and another pain killer) and one oral antibiotic. We hope he's on the road to recovery and that it's not something bad.

On a lighter note, I couldn't stop chuckling because they took his blood pressure! Yep. They put a little itty bitty cuff around his leg and pumped it up. LOL! I don't know why, but I can't get the image out of my head. It's especially amusing because dh and I have been taking our blood pressure for the last few days, courtesy of some equipment my dad left behind on one of his visits. I guess kitties and humans aren't all that different when it comes down to it (to what? I don't know what that means, but you know what I mean. Right? LOL).

If I seem squirrely, it's Kristen's cat's fault. No. LOL. It's because it's 1:40 a.m. and I'm goofy-headed. How late can you stay up before you quit making sense?

Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't.

Good night, sweet prince. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest! ...

9 Comments:

  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger Marly Mathews said…

    Feel better soon, Kitty!

    ~Marly

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I've never seen an animal get their blood pressure taken but it doesn't surprise me. Anything humans can get, animals can get as well so it makes sense that they would track blood pressure.

    I hope he's doing well soon Ellen.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hope the Punkin boy feels better soon.

    It's always my fault. ;) Everyone is blaming the kittens of doom for the squirrely bits in their life. ;)

    Get some rest, E. Soon, it'll be Hugh and cookies again. >:)

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Poor kitty!! I hope he recovers nicely.

    Poor E, too. Sounds like you were up waaaaaaaaaay too late. :)

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, Marly. I'll pass on your well wishes to kitty. :)

    L, I shouldn't have been surprised, but I'm pretty sure my jaw hung open. :)

    K, yes. Your kittens are to blame for my squirreliness. LOL. And, Hugh -- anytime, anywhere.

    H, thanks for the kitty well wishes. Yes. I was up waaaay too late. Hee hee. (I'm still squirrely. Can you tell?)

    This reminds me...I need to go dose Pumpkin up with his morning meds. Based on last night, I think the pain killer ointment helps him to relax. I guess it hurts to have that business going on (duh, ellen).

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    E, you crack me up! LOL Hope pumpkin gets better soon! I've never seen a cat have their BP taken but I'm sure it'd make me laugh!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I think it's the size of the cuff that's so funny. It's about as big as a bandaid. LOL.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hope your kitty gets all better soon.

    I had to get up at 7AM this morning (I'm NOT a morning person) and take my hairless dog to the vet. She's having a complete dental cleaning. So, can you picture my little dog in a dentists chair, leaning back as an assistant roots around in there?

    It's a funny image.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    OMG! A dog in a dental chair would be a hilarious picture. It's like that one artist who puts dogs in people clothes and snaps photos of them doing people things. You're a good doggie mother for doing that -- we've neglected our pets' dental care, I'm afraid (it comes from being raised with the farm mentality of "animals are for ettin'").

     

Post a Comment

<< Home