Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday Tag!

I was tagged by The Pam and Lillian Feisty for a holiday quiz. Thanks, ladies! This was fun.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Any chocolate. YUM.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, unless they're big, like the tobaggen when we were kids, or my kids kitchen set.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Usually. *smooch*

5. When do you put your decorations up? 2-3 weeks before Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Er, chocolate yule log, of course.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I think all my Christmas memories are from the same year -- I was about six. We got sleds, and I got an Easy Bake oven, a kid-size ironing board and broom (hey, times were different then) and golden books. I loved books even then. *sigh* Oh, and hand-knitted mittens and slippers.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Sorry, Dad, but I woke up (Eaton Hwy) and heard you and Mom talking down in the basement (I think you were watching the Johnny Cash show). Anyway, I tiptoed down the steps and saw you putting together a tricycle. I tricked myself into forgetting it for a few more years, then kids at St. Mikes told me while I was taking off my winter boots. Oh, the trauma!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always let the kids -- we don't open any of ours.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have a eclectic collection of ornaments from cheap to very nice, most sentimental in some way. colored lights. red bows. no tinsel or garland. popcorn or cranberry strings or paper link chains if the kids do it.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love to look at it -- it's truly beautiful at times. Don't like being cold or driving on ice and snow. Like The Pam, I grew up in Michigan, which has harsher winters than here in eastern Washington.

12. Can you ice skate? I skated "just okay" when I was a kid. Not at all now.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I loved the above gifts too, but one year I got a fold-out large doll house with furniture, etc. I loved that best.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I love two things: children's joy (because the non-religious part is for them) and midnight candlelight mass (to celebrate the spiritual reason for it).

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hey, the chocolate yule log!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Playing holiday music while trimming the tree.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night. Patti LaBelle's version especially.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Too sweet, and not chocolate. :)

Let's see, Honey and Lucy were also tagged, and I'm sure one them will nail K, who will nail A, Feisty got Meg, so I'll tag Vivienne Lorret and Marly Mathews. Have fun!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    I was tagged? By who?

    Good answers, by the way. :o)

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Think it was The Pam, Lucy.

    Happy tagging.

    Great answers, E.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Okay I checked...The Pam tagged Ms Drewry, but I can see where you thought it was me. :o)

    Still good answers. :o)

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Darn, I should've tagged you. There's always Honey. *muwhahaha*

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Ha-ha! I got her! :)

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Damn...me and my big fingers. LOL

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL! I see you got K too. I love reading everyone's list.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dang dart tagged me again. ;)

    Obviously I need coffee to see where things are going. Or more sleep?

    Love all the answers I've been seeing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home