Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Friday, November 10, 2006

HELLO or FRIDAY AT THE MOVIES

How on God's Green Earth did I miss this new movie? The Fountain.

Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

HUGH JACKMAN and Rachel Weisz star in this movie that looks more than intriguing from the little bit I've seen and read. It also stars Ellen Burstyn, whom I love. Oh, if you're Mel, please note photo #1, which rivals the Lost tongue. LOL.

In case you're wondering, I'm cheating on Gerard Bulter with Hugh. When I waxed romantic about Gerard, I'd forgotten that I'm about as faithful to the matinee idols as I am to my stories.

I first saw Hugh in a cute Australian movie called Paperback hero. He played a real macho guy who drove a semi, but secretly wrote romance novels. To avoid ridicule, he used his best friend (otherwise known as the girl he's secretly in love with) as a cover -- he wrote under her name. The problem is, he never told her until it was time to publicize the book. LOL. I wonder if I can get that on DVD.


I've seen him in several movies since then -- all good. I have NOT seen him as the claw-handed guy. K has. I believe she likes him in X-Men.

So, does anyone know anything about this new movie, The Fountain? Has anyone seen The Prestige, his other new release?

Are there any new movies out that you'd like to see, or can recommend?

10 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    Yes, photo 1 does rival the Lost tongue... mmmm

    I've always been a Hugh fan. He's yummy. X-Men never looked sooo good.

    btw--a little birdy whispered something in my ear and I'm waiting to hear the official news...is there something you need to tell me?

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I suspect that the little birdy's name starts with...K. LOL. I need to finalize a thing or two, but if all goes smoothly, I'll have a bit of news. :) Say, do you have possible news yourself?

    And, I guess I need to see X-Men. *grin*

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    well, I have pot of something brewing... :)

    I'll have something to share soon, I hope. All I can say right now is, it looks very promising.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Fingers crossed for you, Mel!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    All this whispering is making me very excited!!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hugh....oh jes. That is one wicked man of potential. :D

    Gasp! You've not seen XMen? We must remedy this one day when our kids are at school, you're at home, and the food/tea can flow.

    I'm an innocent little birdy, uhm, wolf. It's those stuffed sheep and voodoo dolls doing all the work for me.

    Books: Katie MacAlister's Aisling Grey books. A riot to read. That's all I can think of even as I'm surrounded by books on shelves. *no coffee on board. beware*

    Happy Hello day.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Lil, I think Mel's whispers are bigger than mine. :)

    K, X-men in the afternoon with tea and tea?cakes? sounds good to me! And I always knew you had hidden stuffed sheep and voodoo dolls. It's in the eyes. LOL.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    it's not really "news" yet. Just the promise of news. LOL

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Ellen,

    I tried to get Paperback Hero off of amazon after national and because it's not an "American" movie, it was quite pricey and I couldn't find it in the movie rental places. :( If you find it at a reasonable price, please let me know. :)

    And y'all should just spill the news. I mean, who are we gonna tell? ;o)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    L,

    I looked too, and it appears the DVD might be a format that doesn't work with US equipment and the VHS is, as you say, quite pricey. On ebay, there are cheaper DVD's that don't say they're that special format, but I bet they are.

    Darn it. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home