Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Which Kind of Car Are You?

I spent most of yesterday at the car dealership waiting for an auto repair that never came -- so I was given a loaner SUV to drive. This all got me thinking about cars...

I like our sedans okay -- they serve the purpose of a family of four (2 kids) and get decent gas mileage.

I liked the SUV -- being up high was fun, and I felt safe.

I like my mom's minivan -- fits lots of people.

But...the sedans are boring. The SUV and minivan felt like they'd roll over if I took a corner too fast. When I drove Dad's Chevy van as a teen, I launched it onto the yellow post at the bank's drive thru. You should've heard the teller yelling, "Turn your wheel to the LEFT" through the speaker. (Dad, you may not recall the yellow on brown paint, because Mark (old BF) used rubbing compound on it. LOL). Anyway, those big big vehicles don't hug the roads.

I once owned a Mustang -- and although it was one of those boxy ugly models, it was zippy and could take a curve quite nicely.

So...I'm a sports car.

At MSN online today, they show favorite sports cars:

Porsche 911 -- my personal favorite, and under 100K (which is still too much for me, but not out of this universe).

The Ferrari F430 -- which runs between $150K and $200K, thus putting it out of my universe. Isn't that yellow color fun?




The Astin Martin V12 Vanquish -- at about $250K. Aliens and Bill Gates drive this. Maybe it's my new personal favorite for when I win the Mega Millions.



Seriously, my dream car of all cars is probably a classic Thunderbird. They're way cool.

What would your pick be if you won the Mega Millions? What kind of car are you?

10 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    Tough call Ellen. Without the mega-millions, I'm totally a PT Cruiser which is good because that's what I have. WITH the mega-millions... I'm not sure. I like that Astin a lot. But my dream car was always a '63 Split window corvette. Sounds like I'm a sports car kind of girl, huh? Hell, with millions, I'd buy both. LOL

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Forget the car. I'd take a cruise around the world. LOL I guess that makes my dream car a mega-sized, billion-dollar cruise ship. *sigh* Even mega-millions wouldn't be enough to afford it.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    A, I love those PT Cruisers. What color is yours?

    H, I should've known you'd go for the billion-dollar cruise ship. Just please, when you get it, invite us for a three hour cruise. A three hour cruise. LOL.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Aura said…

    LOL E

    My PT is black with a grey interior. Nothing fancy but I love it. It suits me perfectly!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said…

    I'm just a boring old Honda. But that's okay. I so can relate to your first paragraph, but not with a car.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    A and Shelli -- sounds like we're pretty simple folk, car-wise (I cling to my Toyota Camry, though if forced on me, I might take the porsche).

    Then there's Honey...who won't be happy without the billion dollar cruise ship. LMAO!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ellen, I'm with you all the way on that T-Bird! I've always wanted a 1950's model, white, like in American Graffiti. Yummy.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm a truck girl. Always have been, always will be.

    Of course, I drive an Escape. My baby. She hauls the dogs, the groceries and the kids and no one has to eat their knees.

    What I'd get if I had millions? Another Escape. Maybe hybrid'd.

    Boring, isn't it?

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Lil, I saw a picture today of a white T-bird from the 50's! It was beautiful. *sigh*

    K, I love your Escape. If dh would've gone for it, I would've considered that (a hybrid model would be cool) or a Toyota Rav4. They're a bit smaller than the SUV I drove, so they'd probably handle my speedy whips around corners better. LOL.

     
  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL, Dad! Leave it up to you to turn buying a car into a game. I love it. :)

    By the way, you didn't say anything about my getting your van stuck on the bank pole. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home