Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Monday, October 23, 2006

Kids Again


Saturday, dh and I went to a birthday party at a downtown club. It was on the 2nd story of this cool old brick building..

When we drove up outside, we noticed these great black and white movies (like Charlie Chaplin movies) playing on the side of the building across from the club -- so the movie was like 2 or 3 stories high. We both thought the movie was awesome.

So, we go to the party, have a drink, we're feeling pretty good, and I decide to check out the projector that's showing these films -- it's in the next room over (both rooms face the street).

I broke it.

I touched something on the machine and the wall of the building across the way went dark. I say "Psst...dh...OH MY GOD, I've broken the movie."

He laughs.

"No, really, damnit! I broke it!"

He laughs more. So, anyway, we start giggling as we take turns trying to fix it, with one of us on the "lookout" for anyone coming our way. Finally, we get the movie going again and run away from the machine like little kids making off from the dime store with stolen candy. For the remainder of the time at the party, we'd look out the window, see the movie playing, and laugh.

Ooh -- I should do a "secret" postcard and send it in! (Though I suppose it's not a secret anymore). LOL.

Do you and your spouse or friends ever act like little kids?

8 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Too funny Ellen. I probably would've freaked out and ran away without fixing it. You have those special skills. :o)

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    L, now this is interesing. I should take a poll to see how many would run away and how many would risk discovery to fix it. LOL.

    Dad, I can totally see Mom both driving away from the parking lot (fear "driving" her) AND breaking the projector too. LOL.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    say...I just updated my word count which shows 32.2% for around 29K words. That math just doesn't calculate, know what I mean? I wonder if it's always off?

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Um, more than I'd lilk to admit. But hey, what's a 30 something to do? Grow up? I think not.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I agree LF -- growing up is overrated. :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    LOL, E! That sounds like a great party. :)

    DH and I act like kids all the time. If you don't believe me, ask the kittens. They'll tell you.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    H, I can see your kitties rolling their eyes at you and Mr. H, their little meows telling you to grow UP. LOL.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL, Jan! And just think, he'll be home soon so you can enjoy more moments such as those. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home