Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Sunday, November 05, 2006

So Not Interesting . . .

I was tagged by the very interesting Nic to list five interesting things about myself.

I am SO not interesting, but here are five things about me:

1. Let's address the jail rumor first. Once I thought about it, there were actually two such events. But neither were very bad. Really.

a) When I was 12 or 13, and friend and I snuck out in the middle of the night -- thus breaking curfew -- to perpetrate the heinous crime of hanging out in 7-11. Yep. It was bad.
b) At 13, a group of friends and I threw eggs at cars on Halloween (I didn't know then that the eggs can damage the cars' paint). It was dark. Didn't know it was a police car. We were all hauled off to jail (my friend had an egg left and thought she should hide the evidence -- rolled it under the driver's seat of the police car).
My parents describe their shock in coming the police station to spring their poor good Catholic girl daughter, just to hear me yelling through the police station "I HAVE RIGHTS!"

2. Speaking of GCG -- I was a good Catholic girl (recovering now) and seriously carried a rosary around when I was a kid, blessing people. Yes, while at St. Michael's elementary, I considered becoming a nun.

3. I was a 70's hard rock chick. I've seen Rush, REO, Nazareth, Styx, Journey, Cheap Trick, and other bands in concert several times. I could play air drums along with Neil Pert. I won't discuss other things I had in common with 70's hard rockers.

4. I once played pool with the three San Diego Padre pitchers: Goose Gossage, Tim Stoddard, and Andy Hawkins. I beat Tim and Andy, but lost to Goose when I scratched on the 8 ball.

5. I wanted to be a teacher, but have the worst case of stage-fright you've ever seen. When in front of a crowd, I get physically ill. I tremble, sweat, and stutter. It started in 3rd grade when all I had to say at the Christmas play was "I'm a cherry on top" with my hands arched over my head. I laughed insanely rather than saying my line. You'll soon find me wearing a librarian hat instead of teaching.

I can't remember how many people I'm supposed to tag, so I'll just do one. Sorry, K. *muwhahaha*

12 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    OMG...I can just hear you yelling "I HAVE RIGHTS!" lmao

    Too funny.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    L, at the time, I felt like America's Most Wanted. Now I see that the cops just took us "downtown" to scare us a little before our parents picked us up. LOL.

    Nic -- I think wearing the rosary like a necklace gives you some kind of special mojo. :)

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow, E. ;)

    Such an interesting life you've lead.

    Then you tag me? The original wonder bread?

    Ack.

    Love your items. You're such a groovy chick and an excellent partner in crime. ;)

    Yeah, pictures?

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Hmm...might be able to find a pic or two to scan. LOL. Off to see your list, K! *muwhahaha*

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What is it about GCG? I wanted to be a nun for a while as well. We used to practice by putting our cardigans around our heads and walking around with our hands clasped together in prayer...

    I love the police car and egg story-that's fab!
    I too have seen Rush and Rainbow in concert

     
  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    GOOSE GOSSAGE?!?!?!?! You played pool with GOOSE GOSSAGE?!?! You have no idea how much your ranking has just gone up in my estimation. Wow. I bow before you. That rocks.

    E, don't ever think you're not interesting. ;)

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Kate! I love the image of you walking around pretending to be a nun. It must've been that sink baptism your midwife put you through. LOL!

    H!!! You know who Goose is? That's SO cool -- I wondered if folks would say, "Who?" :)

     
  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL! I wonder what you did that Grandma and Granpa didn't know about? :)

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Goodness, yes, I know who Goose is! He pitched for the Cubs for a while. He had that mustache, right? I WORSHIPPED the Cubs when I was growing up. I wanted to marry their first baseman. And I still hold that they'll win the world series in 2008, 100 years after their last World Series win.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Yep -- he's the one with the mustache. LOL! How cool that you're a Cubs fan. :)

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    GCG, my ass! I knew you had a devilish gleam in your eyes!

    "I have rights!" That is so funny! And I am so jealous you go to see all those cool bands way back when.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL, Lillian. Yes -- the pope personally sent me a thank you note for NOT taking my religious vows. *grin* (not really, but wouldn't that be funny?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home