Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Let's talk about shrinkage

Yesterday, I got the most darling pictures of my parents' new puppy -- a teacup size Maltese-Pomeranian mix name Gracie. She's the cutest thing you ever saw, and I'm on the wrong computer, so I can't download the pictures from my email. :(

Anyway, naturally, I called each family member in the office to duly ooh and ahh over the puppy, which they did. And then after a moment, dh said, "Why is it that as people get older, their dogs shrink?"

"Huh?"

"Their dogs are getting smaller."

Hmm...let's see....

When I was a kid, Dad started us on a Saint Bernard.








Then we moved on to a quite large version of a cockapoo.









Then we had a series of beagles.









Then dad and stepmom had sweet, sweet Kelly, a Maltese.









And finally their Pomeranian-Maltese puppy in a teacup.





This was the closest thing I could find to the darling -- it's on a mouse pad, which is appropriate since she's about as big as a mouse. LOL.

Sorry Dad and Lynda, she really is sweet. But I think dh might have a point. Your dogs are shrinking. :)

Have your animals gotten bigger or smaller? What about you? I'm definitely shrinking.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    True, Dad. LOL.

    Oh, I should've added that you travel by car a lot, so the smaller dogs are easier to take along. At least, that's your story and you're sticking to it. :)

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Heh. I wish I was shrinking. :)

    Such cute dogs. Since we've only just begun the pet parade, it's too soon to say. But I'll drop back by in 20 years or so with a comment. ;)

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Small to large. Sigh. Then smaller and then wider. ;)

    Always a small dog person, then upgraded until we had the Akita and then down to the flat coat retriever/border collie blend, toss in one King Charles and viola..smallerish again.

    We won't talk about the 30 pound cats. ;)

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL -- I wonder if cats can be considered small when they're 30 pounds. :) I'd forgotten about your Akita, K -- pretty dog.

    H, I wish I was shrinking too (in that direction). *sigh* I'm just getting shorter, which distributes the weight more...yuckily. Is that a word? LOL.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Too, funny, Ellen! Well, I have 3 dogs of all sizes. What does that mean?

    Oh, for the fabio link, try this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFFqP6ayg

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Well, my first dog as an adult was a doberman, followed by a cocker spaniel and irish setter (for a while I had all three of these dogs). I followed that up with another doberman, lab and blue heeler.

    I guess I'm a big dog kind of girl. :o)

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I think there should be psychological research done about people and the size of their pets. LOL. I wonder what it means that I love the hermit crab?

    Lillian, still no sound--I can get the video, but I think I need to push a button on the laptop for the sound, and the buttons that have audio pics on them aren't working. I kindof get the feel for it though. LOL.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Aura said…

    My cats all seem to stay about the same size... the size of a pain in the neck! LOL

    But there may be something to your theory E!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    You know though, my dogs have all picked me (seriously) so it might not be an accurate test.

    But then again, I think I would pick a big dog, if given the choice. So maybe it would be accurate. :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home