Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Day in the News

In New Mexico, two tribal policemen who went through the Burger King drive-thru received burgers laced with pot. Gives a whole new meaning to "Have it Your Way." Read here. I hate that King guy, by the way.

Also, in the news: studies have shown that jet-lagged mice die young. So, you might want to cut down on international travel.

More about the poor little critters.


Britney Spears finally dumps that Kevin Federline dude. Why do I care about this? I don't. I think he's a loser with a giant "L", and she's a mess. But at least now we might not have to hear about their dysfunctional lives anymore. Divorce news here.

And of course, there's the election news. But if you care, you're already following it. If you don't care, then read about pot-laced burgers, mice, and stupid celebrities instead.

In news from my house, I volunteer at daughter's middle school today, plan to write at least 5 pages, and can't wait to chat with AG friends tonight.

What's happening in YOUR life today?

15 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    It's totally irrational, but I was so happy to hear Britney finally dumped his ass. LOL

    Thanks for a news of the weird update, E! :) I love strange stories about cops being fed pot.

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    That is hilarious about the cops, Ellen. And I'm with Honey on this- I'm happy to hear about Britney too. Maybe we'll finally quit hearing about them already!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I'm glad she dumped him too, H. LOL.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    I agree, A! Although, she'll probably make headlines another way. LOL.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I just want to know what kind of moron working for minumum wage is dumb enough to give their pot away. That's just, like, wrong.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LMAO, Lil! I think they must've found it funny to "stick it to the cops." As I know from personal experience (recall the egging), that doesn't always turn out so well. LOL.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Where did she dump his ass, Honey? Was it an irrational ass? ;)

    Wonderful news tidbits, E. I like your style. :D

    You don't want my life stuff today. Really. ;)

    At least some of it's over. Until the kitten jumps into my lunch.

    Sigh. LOL

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Make that kitty stay away from your lunch, K! LOL. Where's the water bottle?

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The water bottle...sigh. She likes water. I sidetracked her.

    Kitten and spaghettios equal big mess if make contact. LOL...

    Can we expect a Day in the News from you later? pwease???

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL. Sure. :) Kitten and spaghettios -- what an image! Oy!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Geez. I know a few kids who would have thought they'd died and gone to heaven.

    Not me. I swear.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Uh huh. Sure. LOL.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Funny you should say that -- lately when I see Britney in the news, I think she's someone else. LOL.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    so now can we call Mr. Britney FED EX?

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LMAO! I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with that yet. Good one, Mel. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home