Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Old Movies and Split Personalities


This last weekend I've been watching corny old movies full of romance and singing and dancing. White Christmas was one and is dh's favorite. When they sing "Snow", he gets goosebumps. I get a bit verklempt at other parts of the movie too.

We also watched Easter Parade. Why they're playing that for Christmas season I don't know, but I NEVER pass up an opportunity to watch Fred Astaire dance. What a master!

So, I have a split personality. Ellen One could live and breathe corny old-fashioned movies and church and living in a small town -- never leaving her house except for groceries and an occasional night out. Like June Cleaver.

Ellen Two loves the Firefly series (((Mal))). She's a wild child who wants to move every couple of years. I keep trying to talk dh into moving to Europe, where we and our children could have amazing experiences. Dh has the opposite of my wanderlust: stayputlust. So, we'll stay put. I guess Ellen number two is Holly Golightly--my RWAonline avatar suddenly makes sense. :)

Lillian Fiesty probably thinks I'm nuts since she'll soon be going through moving hell. (The process of moving sucks, but the "newness" is cool, right?).

Are you ever torn between two opposing parts of your personality?

7 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Lucy said…

    Ellen you just described me. I like staying at home and reading and watching movies. Like you, I could be happy if I rarely had to leave the house. But I also have this adventurous side that wants to be spontaneous and just fly by the seat of my pants. The person life forces me to be though, is somewhere in between I think. :o)

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oooo, Monster has a good point.

    I think there is the dreamer in you.

    And Ellen the 2 has excellent taste.

    Look at Honey who has 7 (or is it 8?) sides to her.

    When we on for Lethal and X? Muwhahahahahahahhaha...

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    K, anytime and anywhere! I need to watch some movies like those. :)

    Dad, I think you're right. I've always been a dreamer, almost to the detriment of reality. But, can't stop. No siree. I think you're right that things can go wrong, even when we take the safe road, rather than the one less traveled. It's just a matter of making the right decision at the right time. Luck then?

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, and Lucy/L, sounds we have a lot in common. :)

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ellen, I think we're seperated at birth. For me it's all about the weather. Come May I get a case of the worst spring fever. Then I do crazy things like put my house on the market to travel the world.

    Come Fall my house sells, but then all I want to do nest and play June Cleaver.

    We just need two houses and double budgets.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Lillian,

    I think that's the ticket. Double houses -- one in a warm climate, the other north (where I sit now in 23 degree snowy cold). Or just a lot of money to travel and fulfill that need. :)

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Exactly.

    My dream is to have one house here in the snow, one on the CA coast somewhere, and a huge budget to spend 6 months out of the year travelling.

    And a nanny. I neeeed a nanny for sure.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home