Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blog-Tripping

Tonight I went blog-tripping, visiting places I haven't been for awhile. I decided to share a couple of neat blogs (yes, I'm blog-challenged again, but they are neat sites).

One of my all-time favorite authors, Jenny Crusie, talks about writing positive goals vs. negative goals for her characters and shares a lovely scene from her WIP. You won't regret taking a few minutes to read her post.

Awhile back, I discovered a blogger/writer whose voice I love. Her name is Buffy, and she's a most interesting individual -- I found myself reading all of her back blog posts, as well as excerpts from some of her work.

Finally, though not a blog, my son, who's found his musical feet lately, discovered this YouTube video -- he's listened to it a lot. See, when he and my daughter were little, I played this song often for them and I'd ask, "Who's the composer?" and "What's the song?" They always answered, "Canon in D by Pachelbel" (they remembered the composer by rhyming it with Taco Bell). This very different rock version isn't bad. Actually...it's freaking amazing!

14 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger montster said…

    That kid looks like 12 or 13 years old!! It is freaking unbelivable!! Where would you ever hear the original? Will have to get filled in on how Jamie is doing with the bass,,

     
  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Oh. My. Goodness.

    That was amazing.

    What a rockin' way to start the day!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    Very interesting E! Thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Dad, I had the original song on a 2-CD set called "The Best Classical Music in the World...Ever". It's awesome - has a great mix of different classical artists, and I played it in the car all the time. The kids still can name Canon in D, a couple of Beethoven tunes and Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" if they hear them. I'm not sure how old that kid is who played this rock version - but he's incredible, huh?

    H, definitely a rockin' way to start the day!

    A, you're welcome. :)

    I've asked Chris and the kids to learn play Canon in D -- together as a group -- for my Mother's Day gift. They're already practicing (Chris on piano, Roxie on acoustic guitar, and James on bass) - I think they might be ready by May. LOL. They're fun to watch. :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Vivienne said…

    WOW! I'm awed by that kid's talent. Thank you for sharing it, Ellen. My boys loved it, too. :)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Hi Viv! It's amazing that kids can get into a classical song, huh? I guess it's all in the wrapping. LOL.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    It's great to see youngsters playing something other than rock on their guitars. *g* If they only knew how good it is for their fingers to play classical. Hehehe! (an ex-classical guiarrist)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Tempest, that's so cool! Can one be an EX-classical guitarrist? Even though my husband rarely picks up his guitar anymore, he says he still plays in his mind. I just nod my head and pretend to understand. LOL.

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    That's amazing! Also, I think your Mother's day gift sounds incredible.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, Kim - I'm excited for my gift. :)

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said…

    That's the song I walked down the aisle to. Well, not that version, obviously...lol

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Canon in D would be the perfect wedding song, Kristen. That must've been heavenly.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Ellen, thanks for sharing that clip. It is wonderful to get to see that kind of talent.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    It is. And thanks for dropping by, Shannon. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home