Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blog-Tripping

Tonight I went blog-tripping, visiting places I haven't been for awhile. I decided to share a couple of neat blogs (yes, I'm blog-challenged again, but they are neat sites).

One of my all-time favorite authors, Jenny Crusie, talks about writing positive goals vs. negative goals for her characters and shares a lovely scene from her WIP. You won't regret taking a few minutes to read her post.

Awhile back, I discovered a blogger/writer whose voice I love. Her name is Buffy, and she's a most interesting individual -- I found myself reading all of her back blog posts, as well as excerpts from some of her work.

Finally, though not a blog, my son, who's found his musical feet lately, discovered this YouTube video -- he's listened to it a lot. See, when he and my daughter were little, I played this song often for them and I'd ask, "Who's the composer?" and "What's the song?" They always answered, "Canon in D by Pachelbel" (they remembered the composer by rhyming it with Taco Bell). This very different rock version isn't bad. Actually...it's freaking amazing!

13 Comments:

  • At 4:04 AM, Blogger Honey said…

    Oh. My. Goodness.

    That was amazing.

    What a rockin' way to start the day!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Aura said…

    Very interesting E! Thanks for sharing. :)

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Dad, I had the original song on a 2-CD set called "The Best Classical Music in the World...Ever". It's awesome - has a great mix of different classical artists, and I played it in the car all the time. The kids still can name Canon in D, a couple of Beethoven tunes and Mozart's "Eine kleine Nachtmusik" if they hear them. I'm not sure how old that kid is who played this rock version - but he's incredible, huh?

    H, definitely a rockin' way to start the day!

    A, you're welcome. :)

    I've asked Chris and the kids to learn play Canon in D -- together as a group -- for my Mother's Day gift. They're already practicing (Chris on piano, Roxie on acoustic guitar, and James on bass) - I think they might be ready by May. LOL. They're fun to watch. :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! I'm awed by that kid's talent. Thank you for sharing it, Ellen. My boys loved it, too. :)

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Hi Viv! It's amazing that kids can get into a classical song, huh? I guess it's all in the wrapping. LOL.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    It's great to see youngsters playing something other than rock on their guitars. *g* If they only knew how good it is for their fingers to play classical. Hehehe! (an ex-classical guiarrist)

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Tempest, that's so cool! Can one be an EX-classical guitarrist? Even though my husband rarely picks up his guitar anymore, he says he still plays in his mind. I just nod my head and pretend to understand. LOL.

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    That's amazing! Also, I think your Mother's day gift sounds incredible.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Thanks, Kim - I'm excited for my gift. :)

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Kristen Painter said…

    That's the song I walked down the aisle to. Well, not that version, obviously...lol

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Canon in D would be the perfect wedding song, Kristen. That must've been heavenly.

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Ellen, thanks for sharing that clip. It is wonderful to get to see that kind of talent.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    It is. And thanks for dropping by, Shannon. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home