Mirth and Laughter

~ ALL THE WORLD'S A BLOG STAGE ~

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Visions of Vacation . . .


Once in awhile, I develop wanderlust that I can't seem to shake. The other night, I googled different U.S. spots where we might travel for our summer vacation. For instance, I thought it might be nice to take the kids to see the Grand Canyon.

I also checked out cruises, because my MIL suggested that dh and I should take a trip like that together. The cruises to Mexico looked cool. The Carribean cruises were nice too - the most affordable. But, I would really love to go on one of those Mediterranean cruises to Spain, Italy, and Greece (with maybe a stop in Monte Carlo so I could win enough to pay for the trip). It would take seven glorious days, after which time I would sport a lovely tan.

Then finally, for the creme de la creme, I looked up The Orient Express. Dh and I think taking this train across Europe would be completely awesome. You can start in London and go all the way to Rome if you like, stopping in cities like Paris and Vienna. You can build your own trip -- such as from Paris to Instanbul. It would be, for me, the ultimate trip (though I would like to go to Machu Picchu sometime).

How much does the jaunt we want to take on the Orient Express cost? A mere $7,000 or so. No worries. I'll just sell my first born child.

Now that the reality of how much it costs to "see the world" has set in, we're back to looking in our own backyard for a cool vacation. A trip across country, a cabin at the lake for a week -- it's all good.

Where would your dream vacation take you to?

14 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    For the record, I'd recommend you go ahead and sell the first-born and take the trip. After all, you can have more kids.

    Just kidding! =P

    My dream vacation? I have way to many wishes. Right now, Jamie and I already have a few planned, but I think I'd really like to take her to New Zealand. Another one would be trekking in Tibet or Nepal.

    So many options, not enough money or time!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh! I forget about the places you mentioned, Shannon. My friend just returned from New Zealand and really loved it there. I bet you and Jamie would love it too!

    And Tibet or Nepal would be truly awesome - one step closer to heaven, I imagine. *sigh*

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lucy said…

    How 'bout you just smuggle me in your luggage when you go to all your places? ;~)

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Sure thing, L! We'll have a great time. :)

     
  • At 3:10 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said…

    I'm like you - I think the OE would be the perfect trip. Of course, Hawaii wouldn't be bad either!

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    One place I really want to see is Alahambra. That place has intrigued me since I was a kid.

    I've heard rumours Scotland is next up. We'll see.

    If you get to Micchu, E, can you take pictures?

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Kim, I agree, Hawaii would be nice too. :)

    K, I'll definitely take pics for you (IF I ever get there. LOL). I hope you get to your dreams spot. (And you'd love Scotland as well).

    Dad, (who commented to this on the previous post) - the $7000 is for ONE person! Yikes! I've heard the Alaskan cruise is nice too.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, and I should add that the $7000 price per person is ONE WAY. LOL. You have to fly into London, for instance, then fly out of Rome when you're done (I think that's the one I priced for us, since it stops in all the cities we wanted to see, except for Instanbul).

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Tempest Knight said…

    Oh the weather right now in the Caribbean is just perfect for a cruise. I should know. I live in Puerto Rico. *lol

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Oh, Tempest, I bet the weather is fabulous. Do you spend much time at the ocean?

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dream vacation is to visit Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria. And since I'm dreaming, I'd like to add that I'd also win a two month stay there and be treated like a princess and have an army of gorgeous men to wait on me.

    It could happen... right?

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    LOL, Viv. When you dream, you don't spare anything. *muwhahaha*

    P.S. Sounds like a great vacation. :)

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Scarlett Sanderson said…

    I did a whistle stop our of Europe a few years back, but I would simply love to spend more than a few days in Italy. Rome, Florence and Venice are my dream destinations.

    Then there is New Zealand...

    I'm greedy. LOL. I like to travel when I can!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    You're a woman after my own heart, Scarlett.

    Tell you what everyone, when I win the Mega Millions (which will happen any minute now), I'll send you all on your dream vacations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home